Thursday, July 06, 2006

A pleasant evening at last.

I said the other day that one of the herbs was looking spectacular, well here it is in all its glory.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finally managed an evening where my commute home had not left me so moist at the edges that I did not feel up to more than a cold drink. So off I went to the allotment with a tray of Climbing French Beans seedlings in pots, but rather tangled together. Spent the first half an hour gently teasing them apart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The dog was not too impressed, spent most of her time staring alternately at her ball on a rope and me, think she was trying to tell me something.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The parsnips have gerninated spectacularly this year, I think they have managed a 100% rate.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My spring planted onion sets are doing well, only two or three have bolted so far.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My late planted garlic is showing no signs of rust yet, most unusual.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My squash plants have finally embarked on a growth spurt, with flowers.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All in all a very restful evening from six thirty to nine at the allotment. Did the beans, picked about a kilo of raspberries, weeded the fruit terrace, pulled the Rocket from between the carrots in the raised bed where it had gone to flower and watered the raised bed copiously. I finished off my session by weeding three inter-row valleys between the spuds on plot seventeen. Mostly Fat Hen and Sow Thistle. Only eight more to do.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a shot of the ripening blackcurrants on the ten bushes that I plan to dispose of once they have fruited as they are in the way of mechanical cultivation. Reckon the birds will take most as usual, they are in a long row across the plot between this years squash and "other" veg.

No comments: