Friday, March 20, 2009

Blue Drumming

Worked from home today, so when I finished work, yay - no commuting.
Wearing my site agents hat I went to peg out the dividing up of a relinquished plot. Had viewer number two round last night and he reckoned five rod was too big for him and his wife, so they got a quarter plot of two and half rod, the bit nearest the main path. Had viewer number three round tonight, he and his wife are taking the other bit. Only found out the plot was free on Tuesday.
Viewer number one had the quarter plot that David has given up, he's keeping the half wih the shed and as the available bit was right in a corner next to the fence I was able to tell the lady where it was and she had a gawp over the fence at it on Wednesday, she's taking it.
After me allotment pimping activities i had a chat with Simon, whose plot is looking very well tended and reminded him of his offer to me of some black bamboo, he is sensibly growing more of what he likes after last years enthusiastic try everything approach.
Retrieved another blue barrell from the vacant plot, the plot is right next to the water trough, and as I was leaving Terry & Sue turned up just as I was going to snap the padlock shut their car appeared behind me. They had been round his sister's place and she was about to throw out her old deck, made of 20" square panels, guess what was in their car boys and girls. Did the trade I'd been longing to do with Terry, he got a good condition green waterbutt, complete with tap and lid, I got the blue barrell he was going to turn into a waterbutt. Just need one more and I can complete my "blue barrell terrace wall" holding up the edge of my fruit terrace. Thinking about releasing a few Daleks from the sanctuary this year and putting the Emperor of the Daleks down by the path so he can recieve its regular tribute of mowings.
Off to committee meeting for BSAGA, Bishop's Stortford Allotment and Garden Association at 8pm, usual stuff apart from the news that one of our other sites was turned over last week, tens of sheds burgled and the main gate locks wrenched off.

No comments: