Sunday, March 29, 2009

Condensed dates.

Several days worth in this post.
I spent several evenings last week, well the light imbued portions thereof, weeding my soft fruit terrace, one row per evening.
Today I finished it off and dug out the three Horse Chesnut saplings I'd been nurturing, one got re-planted and two, currently hiding in plastic sacks, are on freecycle.
Had last Friday off work and spent the day sorting stuff out, mostly the back garden. Took a quantity of stuff to the tip and all the scrap wood to my friend Robert, who has a wood-burning stove. En route to the tip I thought something had shifted on the trailer and then got flashed by the Mercedes following me, so stopped and, yes, the rope lashing had come loose and half a shed wall and an aluminium window frame were about to fall off. Re-tied it and went the remaining quarter mile to the tip.
The trailer is now on holiday with Robert, who is going to do some welding around the wonky jockey wheel.
Did some odds and ends at the allotment, finishing with mowing the main path to feed the emperor of the daleks, got haild on, comprehensively, not being one to leave something once started I ended up with a second tyre of ice on the front wheels of the Hayter.
Saturday was a washout, spent relaxing and looking for some stencils, I have volunteered to re-number all the plots on my site as the council were going to get their part time handyman to do it using laminated paper signs.
Today was a much better proposition, sunny and breezy, so after watching our U15 B's play a tough well opposed match, which they won 38-0, I started by power-washing three bicycles, one greenhouse and 12' of path.
The bench in the greenhouse is a bit full now.
This is a close-up of my Banana Shallot - Piglet Willensius seeds, peer closely and they are breaking the surface.




Before cutting for her indoors, here are my meagre supply of daffodils.

No comments: