Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shovelling s**t!

Today I are mostly bin shovelling manure.
Great delivery combination, Defender 110 crewcab with a twin axle electrically tipping trailer. Their terrier did what terriers do and flew around the back of the cab barking at my supervisor, who blithely ignored him.
Rough dug the inter row gap after the last planted raspberry row and liberally manured it.


Likewise all around the bush fruits, gooseberries, red and black currents.


The Elecampane is poking its leaves out on the herb patch.



Finished by distributing all the remaining manure across plot 18 in wheelbarrow load piles.
Notice the cunning use of an old length of corrugated iron to keep me down to a single footprint, used twice for each pair of heaps in the middle two rows.
On / off drizzle the whole time, I'm now out of stuff I can do in the wet on the allotment, so here's hoping for some dry weather in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Greenmantle said...

Well it's better than a week of taramasalalta Jessie!

podster said...

Give me the manure any day.