Sunday, April 30, 2006

Not quite so hard days work.

Here are the photos of my fruit Terrace.

The not too promising bare clay, with the remains of last years bonfire.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Rotovated and manure barrowed up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My little snooze guardian.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The source of my "better" soil, a previous tenants weed pile, now the daleck sanctuary.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The completed terrace, before weeding the strawberry patch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today, as well as uploading my photos, I did a bit more.
Planted Gilberts gift of daffodils, two clumps between the gooseberries and one each side of the main site gate.
Emptied all my daleks into the big square emperor of the daleks, sieved two barrowloads from next to him, for the cold frane, and placed another of his subjects there. Where the daleks had been, down in the sun next to the espalier apples, I planted all my Gladioli and two rows of other bulbs, cannot remember what they are, but they are small. Dug up more dandelions from the soon-to-be squash patch.
Digging and riddling is hard work.
Went home and mowed the lawn before tea.
Finished off the day with this years bonfire, after dark burnt the tragic remains of the last tenants un-maintained shed, hardly any smoke and wonderfully warm.

No comments: