Sunday, May 07, 2006

An interesting weekends work.

Gardenwise I have had an interesting weekend.

Re-sprayed the couch and bindweed on plot 18 on Friday night. Also mowed all the between the plots paths on site. Since then I have not been on site.

What started out as a brief Saturday expedition with a friend to see how difficult a sixteen by eight greenhouse would be to dismantle, turned into an all day job as it came apart beautifully. So we totally dismantled it, packed most of it in my trailer, took it home just as the rain started, had a meal, unloaded putting all the glass safely in the now empty potato storage shed. Then we went back, packed nearly all the rest in the trailer, the lengthways bits being too long, took that lot back home, and off loaded.
By then it was pitch dark and the rain was hosing down, so I took my friend back to his home at about 9:15, on the way back from his house, sans trailer, I collected the lengthways bits in the car via the ski hatch with an LED cyclist clip-on light on the end.

Today I started to assemble the frame at home. The sixteen foot run is made up of a twelve foot house with a four foot extension inserted, I am discarding the extension as it won't fit in the only practical location within my garden. I did quite well before it got too dark, after a late start due to offspring's sporting commitments. All four walls are up and connected and the ridge is in, as is the built-in staging down one side. Just the roof rails to add now and the frame will be complete. Will order some sleepers to make the base during the week.

But the best bit is, we did not break even one piece of glass.

No comments: