Monday, May 22, 2006

Vandals

So annoyed and wet, David rang me, his bean canes were missing, had anything happened over the weekend. I was not aware of anything, but being one of lifes realists, some would say a pessemist, I took the dog out between showers and had a look.

Some little sod(s) had really been at the boundary fence. Down at Paul's plot someone had unknitted the chainlink and scrambled through, could not see any damage, down by David's some absolute arse, had cut out a two foot by three foot chunk of chain link, even cut the straining wires.

Took the dog home, changed and went back with pliers, gloves, wirecutters, wire and annoyance on my mind. Re-knitted Pauls bit fairly easily, the other bit ended up with pigwire, chicken wire and two angle iron posts and I ended up soaked through after nearly two hours in the pouring rain.

Why do kids in an affluent area like this indulge in this sort of damage? Is it some juvenile power kick, look I can annoy someone. It's a real shame that there is so little one can do about it, legally and practically I have probably done all that can be done already.

No comments: